Fields of Study:
- Study of the United States - the study of American culture, life and society through such fields as government, education, arts and humanities, law, economics, literature, history, the multi-disciplinary field of American Studies or any other humaniities or social science field with significant study of the US subject matter.
- Global Issues - Fields of study include the environment, human rights, civic education, governance and public administration, peace studies/conflict transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, and information and communication technology (ICT).
- Open Grants - Fields of study not covered by the first two field categories EXCEPT engineering, medicine, nursing, and other health-related disciplines, applied mathematics, and applied sciences.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Philippine citizenship
- English proficiency
- College degree with major in field of specialization; excellent undergraduate record
- Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization.
- Applicants for the degree programs must be no older than 40 years of age at the time of application. This age requirement is waived for non-degree study.
- Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the US.
- Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of study.
- Non-degree applicants must meet the added requirements:
- Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be enrolled in a relevant study program in a Philippine university
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States.
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma (not original)
- Four letters of reference (forms are included with the application kit)
- Completed 7-page application form
- NBI Clearance acquired in the past 6 months
Application period for 2016-2017 Graduate Student Program is from December 8, 2014 to March 27, 2015.
Printed copy of completed applications must be received at the PAEF office on or before March 27, 2015.
Grantees are expected to begin their studies in the U.S. late August or early September of 2016.