2022-2023 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is now open until July 2.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program AY 2022-2023. Visit https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey to create your online application.
HUBERT H. HUMPHREY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Established in honor of the late U.S. Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, the Humphrey Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced Filipino professionals. The program develops leaders who will have “multiplier effect” on their society.
Leaders for a Global Society
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector. The Humphrey Program fosters a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the United States and the Fellows’ home countries. The Program offers Fellows valuable opportunities for leadership development and professional engagement with Americans and their counterparts from many nations. More than 5,600 men and women have been honored as Humphrey Fellows since the program began in 1978. Approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded annually. Thirteen major universities in the United States host Humphrey Fellows. These host universities are chosen for their excellence in the Program’s designated fields of study and for the resources and support they offer Humphrey Fellows.
The fellowship provides for tuition and fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, book and supplies, and round-trip international travel to the Fellow’s English language center (when applicable), to the host institution, and to Washington, DC for a workshop. Supplementary funds are available for professional activities such as field trips or attendance at conferences. Humphrey Fellowships are not renewable.
The Humphrey Program is a Fulbright exchange activity. Its primary funding is provided by the U.S. Congress through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. Co-sponsors include other governmental agencies, multinational organizations, and private donors. The Institute of International Education (IIE) assists the U.S. Department of State in administering the Humphrey Fellowship Program.
Fellowships are granted competitively in the following fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Change Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
- Communications and Journalism
- Law and Human Rights
- International Religious Freedom
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Completed online application form at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified copy of diploma
- Two letters of reference (forms are found on the online application)
Application period for the 2022-2023 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is now open until July 2, 2021.