Name: Carla Mae O. Mesa
School: Carlos Hilado Memorial State College-Talisay Campus
Course: Bachelor of Arts in English with Specialization in Communication
Carla Mae O. Mesa was born on November 22, 1995 at Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. During her younger years, she experienced problems and despairs in life but it didn’t stop her to reach her goals and become the person who she wants to be. A leader and an instrument to save the broken dreams of every young talented girl that went through poverty.
Carla developed talents and passion in learning the art of communication, the swift movements of dancing and the melodies of singing. Together with her sister, a Philippine Latin representative, she was taught on how to persevere in attaining her aspirations in life. She was an active student leader, a consistent honor student and an awardee of culture and arts in high school. She is a dean’s lister, a director/co-director in some of the movies she made in her University and an active participant in every activity when it comes to cultural competitions. She is currently engaging herself in learning the ways of filmmaking and creating a beautiful masterpiece that can touch people’s heart and change people’s perspectives in life.
A. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Carla is currently taking up a Bachelor Degree of Arts in English with Specialization in Communication at Carlos Hilado Memorial State College, Talisay campus.
She is a consistent CHED scholar and a dean’s lister.
B. . TRAINING/WORKSHOPS
● 2011 - Supreme Student Government Camp, Handumanan, Negros Occidental
● 2018 - Basics of Digital Photography and Short Film Production, Talisay City, Negros Occidental
● 2013 - 2nd Placer, Miss CHMSC - Alijis Campus
● 2017 - 2nd Placer, Cultural - Storytelling Competition, CHMSC Talisay Campus
● 2017 - Best Supporting Actress, 3rd SSG Film Festival
● 2017 - Champion, 3rd SSG Film Festival
● 2011 - Semi-Finalist, ABS-CBN - UNO-R province Wide News Casting Competition
● 2011 - Champion, UNO-R Hiphop Competition
● 2011- Outstanding Performance in Filipino, Luis Hervias National High School
● 2011 - Outstanding Performance in English, LHNHS
● 2011 - Ambassadress of Goodwill, LHNHS
● 2012 - Outstanding Dancer Awardee, LHNHS
● 2008- 2012 - Consistent Honor Student
● 2007 - 1st Placer, National Palarong Ganado
The world is full of adventure and so am I. I love travelling and at the same time taking pictures of the place and the people whom I shared every moment with. I am extremely passionate in sharing my own advocacies in Cyber bullying, teenage pregnancy and saving the ocean through writing poems and songs. I am trying to learn the basics of filmmaking, believing that one day I’ll become a director that can give wonderful stories which helps people to abandon their broken hearts, stress and pains for a moment where they can laugh, cry and be inspired to it. . Moreover, I am interested in anything related to history, Japanese culture and photography.