Applications of Fulbright Specialist Project proposal submitted by Philippine (local) institutions must be submitted through the online application site https://worldlearning-community.force.com/FSP Host/. Applications are accepted or can be submitted in a year-round, rolling application process, but should be submitted within the current U.S. fiscal year (i.e. beginning October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017).
Adequate lead-time is given for recruitment of specialists who best fit the program request/ proposal. Please allow a minimum of three month lead-time before the requested start date. Philippine host institutions should be prepared to provide the Fulbright Specialist with lodging, meals, and in-country transportaion, either through monetary or in-kind contributions, throughout their full stay in the country. Feel free to contact the Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) at 9wr00.hosts.cx for further questions.
- One country per project:With the exception of projects falling under a trilateral grant initiative, Fulbright Specialist projects are restricted to one country. All project activities must take place in the country requesting the project. If the project requests the Specialist to be in multiple locations, all locations must fall in the same country.
- One Specialist per project: A Fulbright Specialist project is restricted to one Specialist grantee
- Length of project: The length of a Fulbright Specialist project must be a minimum of 14 days and a maximum of 42 days, including travel days, weekends, and holidays
- Time between projects for Specialists: A Specialist candidate will not be approved for a second Fulbright grant unless two years have passed from the date of completion of the previous Fulbright grant.
- Multi-visit (Serial) projects: A Multi-Visit project is one in which a Specialist conducts more follow-up. If a project is approved to be Multi-visit, all visits must occur within a one-year period, which is calculated by adding 12 months from the initial start date of the first visit through the end date of the final visit.
- A Multi-Visit project cannot include more than three visits in total, and all visits must not exceed six weeks (42 days) in total. In addition, each visit must be a minimum of 14 days.
- Please note that the majority of approved projects are not Multi-Visit, and project proposals should provide a strong justification for why more than one visit is necessary to achieve project outcomes.
Program Costs: In general, host institutions should be prepared to provide the Specialist with lodging, meals, and in-country transportation, either through monetary or in-kind contributions, through their full stay in country. Prior to submitting a project proposal for the first time, you must request a user account by clicking “New User”on the online application site https:// worldlearning-community.force.com/FSPHost/
The full instructions for the online project proposal application can be downloaded here.