Katrina Valderrama is an incoming third-year student from the University of the Philippines Diliman and majoring in Communication Research. Starting A.Y. 2019-2020, she will be serving as the Vice President for External Affairs in her home organization, UP Communication Research Society. Her previous leadership experiences include having served as the project head for her organization’s annual high school research workshop, Salikseek 1.0, which took place last November 2018, and as the former Assistant Vice President for External Affairs during A.Y. 2018-2019.
Owing to the nature of her course, Katrina enjoys narrating the stories of people through research, believing in the capability of research to provide an assessment of the current situation of various sectors in society. Apart from her interest in learning U.S. culture, she has a passion for Philippine history, Japanese culture, and Shakespeare. She also enjoys drawing, writing fictional stories, and playing various sports for leisure.
University of the Philippines Diliman – Quezon City, Philippines
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Research (August 2017 – Present)
Ateneo de Manila University – Quezon City, Philippines
Bachelor of Arts in Economics (August 2016 – May 2017)
- University Scholar (2nd Semester, A.Y. 2017-2018, 1st Semester, A.Y. 2017-2018)
- College Scholar (1st Semester, A.Y. 2018-2019)
- Paper Presenter, 9th Sining del Pilar, organized by the University of the Philippines Department of Broadcast Communication, Quezon City, Philippines – April 2019
- Interview and focused group facilitation
- Survey construction and encoding
Area of Interest
- Interpersonal communication
- Media Studies